Chef de Partie
Belmond Grand Hibernian has a fantastic opportunity for a Chef de Partie to join the on-board team for the 2019 season from March to October 2019.
The Chef de Partie is responsible for providing imaginative meals of originality, flair and creativity, under the direction of the Head/Sous Chef. To comply with all current and future legislative regulations both within the normal confides of the kitchen environment, and the wider train encompassing all team, and guests alike. You will provide a professional and approachable manner that encourages feedback and always strives to meet and exceed guest’s expectations, whilst ensuring that service standards and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards are met at all time.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with the Head/Sous Chef, the creation, production and continual development of menus that challenge and exceed our guests expectations.
- To provide team members with the nourishment that will enable them to complete their daily tasks.
- To adopt best working practice to with correct mise en place to avoid wastage of both time and product.
- To liaise with others to achieve effective communication and responsiveness to feedback from team members and guests alike.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of purchase controls which achieve the best price, for the best quality produce maintaining bottom line criteria.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of stock control and ordering systems that ensure adequate supplies to meet the business requirements.
- Maintenance of all areas of the kitchen, stores and any other food related areas, using systems in place to monitor and record all actions taken.
- To comply with HACCP, Food Hygiene Good Practice, Cleaning Controls, Pest Management, H&S systems and other Rail Related Practices.
- As guided by the maintenance reporting system, prompt action undertaken in all areas to avoid possible loss of property and injury to both team members, guests and non-guests alike.
- In conjunction with all current environmental constraints, to look at methods which enhance our policy to reduce where applicable, items and practices that are deemed to be environmentally unfriendly.
- To maintain both team, personal, customer and non customer facing areas to the highest of standards and always present oneself immaculately.
- The successful candidate will have impeccable presentation, be adaptable, a team player and possess the ability to maintain exemplary standards under challenging conditions.
- Experience in a hospitality role within a small luxury hotel or country house setting or luxury restaurant.
- An excellent command of English with an ability to communicate to a professional standard.
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude with the willingness to take on new challenges, and team work ethic.
- A passion for attention to detail and service excellence.
- An outgoing, naturally charming and pleasant nature to engage guests.
- Demonstrate the ability to think clearly under pressure.
- A high standard of personal presentation.
- They will also be adaptable, enjoy working in a small team within a confined area
- An active interest in outdoor pursuits, Ireland and Irish heritage
- This is a seasonal position starting in March 2019 and ending October 2019
- As this role is on-board an overnight train you will spend a certain number of consecutive days living on the train, followed by consecutive days off
Competitive salary plus company benefits